Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Buck up Princess


Waaaaaaay back in March (which happens to also be when my last post was!) I was complaining about my house; how I didn't like the layout,  how the kitchen turned out, the yard, the location, the dining room, and...well you get the idea. All the while knowing full well that there are people who are homeless or who live in a 10X10 home with 8 people in it or who live in a mud hut. When my oldest child looked at me and said "maybe instead of complaining about what you don't have, you should be grateful for what you do have" (note to self: no more gratitude lectures for him!) So I decided to take his -and my - own advice and be grateful for what I have. I also decided to start to change what I could, thus leading to this post of pictures:)



I have never liked my bedroom. So I moved the bed and now I LOVE it.


Notice the added decorations to my end table....I accidentally wounded a few hearts by removing these gems. I quickly realized how lacking my room was without them!

From the moment we moved in, I hated the light/pot rack in my kitchen. Surprising even myself, seeing that I normally love pot racks in kitchens. When I spotted this light, I knew my search for the perfect kitchen light was over.

You really cannot get any better than this light...it is fantabulous!
I found this little beauty for $5 at a garage sale...oh the joys of garage sales

I moved Colors, the fish, out of his ghetto plastic home, into a new chic home. He loves it and so do I. And my nifty HOME sign was my 10-cent garage sale find (yes you read that right, 10 cents) that a can of spray paint and 5 minutes of time transformed into a beauty.


The dining room is painted and decorated with another garage sale find...$10 clock. Not 10 cents, but who's complaining?
The picture does not do this table justice, but yet another garage sale find. This treasure was brand new, with the tags still on it! And I now love my living room as well!


This is a sampling of what Phil and I have been up to lately (among many other things such as 4 kids in soccer at the same time). Hopefully I will post more soon and not take 3 months to do so!

3 comments:

  1. I am inspired!! I have a couple of rooms I like in my home and one I love (my dining room, because it is 99.9% finished and painted the same happy blue as your bedroom--it is blue, isn't it?)...I long to have more order and LESS crippity cr*p all over my home...so little by little, I too am supplying the local thrift store with many a bag of STUFF! I can't wait until the flat surfaces of my home are actually visible again! Your improvements are lovely...keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a BEAUTIFUL home Amanda! :) I love seeing make-overs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That living room table is amazing!!! And isn't it crazy how just moving a couple pieces of furniture around changes everything?! *Beautiful pictures*

    ReplyDelete